By Tyler Barbosa
The Low Post Podcast (S2E8): Tyler Krusz and Brian Heston break down the final week of the regular season, and get you ready for all four Quarterfinal playoff matchups taking place this week
Legacy Leagues Summer 2018 Playoffs: Quarterfinals (Tuesday, August 7 @ 10pm)
#4 Werewolves (5-4) vs #5 Bucket Chasers (4-5)
First Matchup: Werewolves defeated Bucket Chasers, 43-33, in Week 7
Current Streak: Werewolves(L1), Bucket Chasers(W2)
Highest Power Ranking: Werewolves-4, Bucket Chasers-5
Their first matchup and only match this season was a bit of an ugly one as both teams struggled on the offensive end of the floor. Bucket Chasers were held to a season low 33 points and are going to need much more if they want to upset the higher seed. Expect a tough, defensive battle to go along with a lot of free throws. Whatever team hits more of their free throws should be able to pull this one out.
- Brian Heston: Heston is a two-time All-Star, as well as a two-time Defensive Player of the Year here at Legacy Leagues. He makes his presence well known at both ends and is the key to stopping the Werewolves.
- Sergio Dalomba: Dalomba has led his team in scoring this season averaging 18.9ppg. He has shown the ability to catch fire from behind the arc. He’ll need to do that come Tuesday if they hope to knock off the the more experienced Werewolves.
- Robert Corsi: Corsi has been very effeicent in the few shots he has taken this year. His size will be much needed in what is going to be a very physical matchup. If he can look for his shot more and contribute on the offensive end, look for the Werewolves to pull this one out.
- Christopher Truslow: Truslow was very aggressive attacking the rim in their last game of the regular season notching 17 points while knocking down seven of his nine free throws. Will be a very entertaining matchup between him and the Werewolves Brad Allen.
Legacy League Predictions:
Tyler: Bucket Chasers
Mike: Bucket Chasers
Legacy Leagues Summer 2018 Playoffs: Quarterfinals (Tuesday, August 8 at 9pm)
#1 Boom-Shakalaka (8-1) vs #8 Shake N Bake (0-9)
First Matchup: Boom-Shakalaka defeated Shake ‘N Bake, 85-45, in Week 2
Current Streak: Boom(W4), Shake N Bake(L9)
Highest Power Ranking: Boom-Shakalaka – 1, Shake ‘N Bake- 7
Boom-Shakalaka absolutely dismantled Shake ‘N Bake in their only match of the season. They were never really in it from the jump which has been the case for a lot of their games this season. Although Shake has progressed as the season has gone on, they were never able to reel in their first win of the season. Don’t expect this to be a competitive game, as Boom will take control early and never look back, advancing to the Semifinals.
- Nate Stichell: He is the frontrunner for MVP, as he has excelled at all aspects of the game throughout the regular season. He leads the league in steals, as well as being second in both points and assists. Look for a heavy dose of Stichell come Tuesday night.
- Dan Kennedy: Kennedy has been the lone bright spot in a very frustrating season for Shake N Bake. He makes his presence known around the rim as he averages 2.1 blocks per game(second in the league). They’re going to need all of that more if they want a chance of pulling off the upset.
- Marc Belleville: Since making his return to the lineup late in the season, Marc has been very efficient and consistent scoring the ball. Pair that with Stichell, DiMicco and Martin, they make for a very tough test for anyone.
- Luke Swift: Swift has shown flashes of great athleticism throughout the season. He is going to need every ounce of it if they have any hope of slowing down Stichell and company. Look for him to be very aggressive at both ends this week.
Legacy League Predictions: